- 2 cups bone broth
- 1 can coconut milk (or 1 cup almond milk)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp gelatin powder (or plant gelatin) – optional for added thickness
- ¼ tsp thyme
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2-2.5 cups broccoli (frozen or fresh)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Heat butter in large pan on stove top. Add onion, garlic and broccoli to melted butter and sautee until onions are translucent. Add liquid ingredients to Vitamix first, followed by all spices and sautéed vegetables. Blend all ingredients until mixed; blend on high for 30 seconds for a super smooth texture.
Easy Efficient Tip: Cut up all the veggies in the morning and put everything except the coconut milk in the crock pot to cook on low 8 hours during the day. Simply puree warm from crock-pot before serving.
- For zucchini soup, simply replace the broccoli with zucchini chunks.
- For summer squash soup, simply replace the broccoli with summer squash and the thyme with ½ tsp sage.