Probably one of the first recipes I “invented” after creating the Equilibrium Diet, I needed something that was fast, easy and tasty to serve when guests were around for breakfast. This recipe is highly adaptable and you can add or omit any precooked meat or frozen/fresh veggie you would like. I treat it like a pizza and use whatever I am in the mood for—additional ideas are listed below.
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup cashew or almond meal (I like cashew better)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ lb. chopped turkey bacon
- 1 chopped tomato
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms (optional)
- ½ cup frozen kale (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- Thin slices of goat gouda cheese (or shredded goat cheese)
- Sprouts (garnish/optional—don’t cook!)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place an 11-by-13 inch casserole dish with the butter/coconut oil in it, in the oven to melt.
Mix all the other ingredients in a mixing bowl with a fork until eggs are smooth and cashew meal is evenly mixed. Remove hot casserole dish from oven and tilt from side to side to coat the pan with the butter. Pour the egg/flour mix into the pan and place in oven immediately for 20-25 min. until eggs are cooked.
Remove from oven and place slices of goat cheese or crumbles over the top to melt until cool enough to eat. Slice once cool, garnish with Sprouts and enjoy!
- Instead of the veggies listed, use chopped/frozen peppers and onions, and chopped olives and sun-dried tomatoes. Serve with fermented peppers for a true pizza feel!
- Go Mexican by substituting half a pound of cooked ground beef with taco seasonings for the bacon, and using tomatoes, onions, peppers and olives for the veggies. Serve with fermented salsa and shredded lettuce or WILD green edibles.